Monday, September 12, 2011

Clean Mud!

Yes you read that correctly!  I didn't make a typo on the title!  Today we made CLEAN mud!!  Its cheap, easy, and messy which means fun for the kids!  You can make as little or as much as you would like! 
Ingredients:  Toilet Paper, Ivory Soap (my recipie calls specifically for Ivory so I do not know if another kind will work the same) Water
Tools:  A bucket or small tub to make it in, and a grater of some kind (i dont have a cheese grater so I use this other tool that I have no idea what it is but it works great for this acitivity...if anyone knows what it is please tell me so someday I can use it properly)
Prep Time: 10-15 mins (this is with kids helping which can sometimes make the process longer)
Clean up Time: depends on how carried away you lets the kids get!
--The good news, because it CLEAN mud your kids are getting clean while playing!--
here is the toilet paper and soap!  I didn't use all the toilet paper and only about 3/4 of a bar of soap
here is the soap all shredded and ready to go.  Does anyone know what that tool is that I used??
here are the kiddos ripping up the toilet paper!  the smaller the pieces the less gross it feels when you are adding the water and stirring it!
Before water is added
After water is added! 
It really does feel like mud!  I added about 1/2 cup of water you may need more or less depending on how much soap and toilet paper you used!  Warning it feels disgusting when you first put your hand in to give it a mix...we are talking wet toilet paper gross!  but once the soap starts dissolving and it all comes together its not so gross anymore!
here are the kiddos busy playing! 
 Yes, I put them in the corner of my deck and then surrounded them with chairs so that my crawlers could not sneak over for a taste because you know thats what crawlers do,EAT EVERYTHING!
I put a bucket of water next to them so that all they had to do was dip their hands in and dry them off and the mud was gone!  EASY clean up on the body! My kiddos were flinging it everywhere so I had a little bit more of a clean up but like I said it will only get as messy as you allow it to!

Now go make some Clean Mud!  It gross, its messy, but your kids will have a blast with it!

Linking up with   <Show and Tell #67

Get in Line, Porcupine!

No comments:

Post a Comment