Tuesday, September 6, 2011

OUTDOORS!

Alot of our time today was spent outdoors!  This morning we did a little art activity which I will hopefully be blogging about later this acitivty.  Think something like "Things you can do with ... Thursday" Hope you all stop back over for that!! 
But since the weather is so beautiful we took advantage of being outdoors because I know that our outdoor time is going to be gone very quick! 
The morning was spent playing "troll" think 3 billy goats gruff, well I am the troll and the kids climb up the slide while I stand at the bottom and then I say this little chant...
"I AM A TROLL IN A DEEP DARK HOLE MY BELLY'S GETTING THINNER(i wish) I NEED TO EAT AND insert childs name IS A TREAT, SO I WILL HAVE HER/HIM FOR MY DINNER! 
and then the child slides down the slide and i gooble them up!  We do this till I can't say the chant one more time!  But this gets the kids giggling everytime over and over!
Here are a few photos of the kids waiting to be goobled up by the troll:


After everyone was gobbled off it was time to play school!  Most of my "older" kids go to preschool so when they get back they want to continue to play and teach the little kids the rules of school!  Eventually school made its way to doing chalk!  They had lots of fun drawing people, and writing my name, and of course getting covered in chalk dust!  Here are some more photos of the artwork the children created with chalk! 
This is my name written by another child, she did a GREAT job!

This is a family of people!  I love when they start making people!  Its fun to see their circles with arms and legs coming out of their heads, and then with time children develop and more body parts are added to their drawings!
 This is Rapunzel...notice the long hair!
 Chalky butts!
And I leave you with this wild, happy boy who walks behind everything! 

Time to Scoot, Little Newt!

No comments:

Post a Comment