Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Story + Art = A Great Start

Today I am linking up with A Mommy's Adventures for a Story + Art = A Great Start!

Its such a fun idea and I enjoy bringing literacy itno our art projects!
Today we read:
This book is a favorite of my boys and since all the girls were gone this morning I thought it would be the perfect day to do this!
After reading the story the boys and I gathered up our favorite trucks, some paint, and paper and headed to the kitchen to get to work!
And here is what we did!



We drove out trucks through the mud/paint and made tracks on the paper!  The boys LOVED this project!  I wish I would have recorded instead of took pictures because all you heard for a good 10 minutes was VROOOOMMMM!! 
In this next photo you see that the boys took a smaller truck and pushed the bigger truck through the paint just like the story!
I love that they took what they heard in the story and used it in their project!
Lots of vocab was used in this project like, Big, Small, Fast, Slow, Up, Down, Back, Forth, Push, and Stuck. 
We also talked about the different colors of paint, and the different types of trucks we were using! 

The kiddos love to paint and if you have been reading my blog you will know we very rarely paint with actual paint brushes, because using the toys that we play with to paint with is way more fun!
The tools to paint with are endless don't think you need paint brushes to make beautiful art work!!

Out the Door, Dinosaur!

2 comments:

  1. Love your truck tracks. We did something similar and I tried it with black paper and white paint and the results were pretty cool. http://www.messforless.net/2011/08/truck-tracks.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love painting with different objects, Emily enjoyed car painting too! What a great project to go along with this book. Thank you for sharing and linking up to stART!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete