Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa Baby

Our chain link is getting smaller, and the kids are getting more excited!
Today when we counted 9 (daycare days) till Christmas, I am surprised a window didn't shattered from the screams! 
They are super exctied!!

Today on our chain, it said to make santa handprints...screams again...

AND

THEN

THE WORSE THING EVER HAPPENED!!
(well for small children who believe)
You see the older kids were busy coloring and chatting when we did the countdown, and of course santa was the topic when they learned what we were going to make.

Child 1:  Santa is not real! (oh the horror)
Child 2: WHAT!?!
jill: hey i like your picture your drawing!
Child 1: My mom told me santa isn't real!  Its just your mom and dad buying you presents!
Child 3: (SHOUTS) YOU ARE WRONG!   SANTA TIP TOES INTO THE HOSE EATS OUR COOKIES AND DRINKS THE MILK AND BRINGS US PRESENTS...YOU ARE WRONG!!
jill: "child 1" come here i gotta tell you something! as we go off to another room to chat about how its ok for others to believe in santa lets just not tell them its not true!
--child 1 comes back into room --
Child 2: You are wrong, and I will tell Santa not to bring you presents!
Child 1: I DONT CARE MY MOM AND DAD WILL!!!
child 4: (we wont talk about the fact that I am a fun hater and child 4 is MY child) Santa is just pretend jill (she calls me that because its all she has ever heard) told me so! (oh boy I am in SERIOUS trouble!!)
Child 2, & 3: look at me with sad puppy dog eyes, like how dare you say such awful horrible words!
jill: (not really knowing what to do at this point) so i asked child 2 & 3 a question:  do you believe in santa?
Child 2&3: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jill:  then don't worry about what others say! now lets just talk about the pictures we are drawing!
Child 5: just sitting there all confused with the discussion walks over and says "do you believe in santa?"
--saved by the crying baby!--


Do you let your children believe in Santa?
--make sure to check my poll on the side and place your vote--

Now on to cute things like these adorable santa handprints! (and baby footprints)

 start with a white handprint
 and a little black mouth and a ho! ho! ho!
 add some crazy eyes!
 a litrle red santa hat!
 cotton balls and a red nose, and rosy red cheeks to finish it off!!
and here is our baby foot print! 
I tired making a hand print but it was to much work so I went with the foot instead!
I love thier little feet!!

Linking up for the first time with Thrifty Thursday #3

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I like the footprint too! We just did a Handprint Santa at home!

    http://moms-heart.blogspot.com/2011/12/handprint-santa.html

    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...that story!!! :( I think you handled it well though...somehow in all my years working with little ones I have yet to be in this position!! (YAY for the screaming baby t the rescue!)

    And your daughter calls you Jill!?!? That CRACKS ME UP! My three year old will sometimes call my husband Justin and it's too funny!

    The crafts are also SO CUTE!!! This week I really want to "up" the crafts around here :) We might have to try this one, I'm going to pin it.

    Thanks so much for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week! I hope you come back next week and link up again, and I also wish you and your family a warm, joyful holiday season!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete